Wednesday, January 11, 2012

new.journey

Have you ever just stepped back and looked at your life? What you do, what you love, what you hate, what you stress out about?  Just the overall picture. I've been doing a lot of that lately. Maybe it's just because I have a lot of time on my hands, or because I feel a change on the horizon. Lately, I just haven't had that settled feeling that I'm used to. You hear of people who say that God talks directly to them, telling them what to do and where to go for every decision that they need to make. That's great, I won't say He doesn't talk to people like that, but it has never really worked that way for me. At least not often. For me, it's pretty simple. I pray for direction and guidance, and He guides me. God doesn't audibly speak to me, but He does speak to me through His Word and a special nudging. I don't know if God talks to other people this way or not, but for me it's like I can do what I want and feel is right and as long as God's okay with it, I'm fine. But if God has something else in mind, He nudges me. It's like a little constant unsettled feeling until He reveals His plan and I get back on track.

I know what this feeling is like, and it's happening right now.

I've never been bold enough to write about things like this until after the fact. How do I know for sure that I'm hearing God and not just thinking it myself? How do I know this feeling is not just me going crazy? I don't know for sure, but I'm pretty certain. I've gone through this process enough before that it's starting to become recognizable.

There have been times before when I've ignored this nudging, but it doesn't go away...for awhile, yes, but not for too long. It's like God gives me some time to think about it then comes back and says, "Are you ready to listen to Me now?" It's embarrassing when I think about it. How can I really think I know what I want more than my Creator?!

So here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to start digging in deeper to God's Word to get some answers. It's amazing how that works every time. And with my new and increasing revelation of what I have in and through the Holy Spirit, I can already tell this journey is going to be different from all the rest.

1 comment: