Wednesday, August 20, 2014

simple.happy.life.NOT

It's been a VERY long time since I wrote in my blog but I think I'm ready to come out of hibernation now.

Yesterday I was reading an article that talked about Instagram, the actual life we lead, and the appearance of the life we lead. Our Instagram photos tend to show only the very best: the events that make us look well rounded, our new dress or favorite designer purse, our happy carefree moments. Many or all of those photos are staged.

It's like me right now. I could paint a beautiful picture of my surroundings right now. I have my favorite coffeecup in one hand, with a picture of Ella when she was just a few months old. Speaking of Ella, the world is all calm and quiet while she is still sleeping peacefully in her crib. I'm comfy and warm in my pink robe watching the beautiful sunshine stream through the windows. It's a mom's paradise! Don't you want to be me? And all of these things are true, but so are these: my comfy pink robe is hot! Especially while I'm drinking coffee. I'm about to go change before I start sweating. Ella is still sleeping but keeps interrupting herself by coughing. Poor child is sick. I haven't showered yet so I feel gross. I just got done pricking my finger so I could test my blood sugar levels now that that's what I have to do 4x a day for this whole gestational diabetes thing. The baby is kicking my ribs, so I'm sitting in a contorted "S" shape. And as I look out the window I'm not sure how I can even see the sun through the field of grass that hasn't been mowed in forever. That's the true reality of my life right now.

Sometimes the title of my blog seems to mock me, especially in these last few months. Wes hasn't found a job and we're about to have a baby. It's a struggle. It's been hard, not simple. Very hard. We've had happy times and we choose to be happy, but it's not easy to have a happy life right now. It's easy to feel sad and sorry for ourselves. But here's the truth - God will take care of us. He's been by our side the whole time and He will see us through. That's why I can still have a simple happy life. That's why even in the midst of the storms of this life, I can still enjoy the Instagram worthy moments of my life. It's about trusting God and choosing to be happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment