Wednesday, March 2, 2011

food.for.thought

I have been reading a couple books for a class that are really challenging me and making me think. I've been journaling my thoughts and experiences along the way, and today's was especially encouraging to me so I thought I'd share.

When I open my Bible and begin to read, a peace overwhelms me. Everything that I thought was important only a few moments before becomes nothing in that special moment spent with God. In all the stress and craziness of life, it is essential to take make time for those moments with God. My mind is renewed and I am rejuvenated when I focus on Him. He puts everything back in focus for me. I often come out of my prayer/study time much more aware of where my priorities need to be. He guides me through life and makes my path so clear. On my own, it’s like I’m blind. I never know what to do or where to begin. I make to-do lists that stress me out and I end up getting nothing accomplished. But somehow, after a few moments with God, all that confusion goes away and a new light guides my day. It’s amazing what I can accomplish if I just follow God’s guidance and not even try to do it on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment