Friday, March 11, 2011

let's.go.fly.a.kite

I have never successfully flown a kite before. For one reason or another, where I lived as a child, there never seemed to be enough wind to keep a kite in the air. I would run and run and run, it would start to lift off the ground, then as soon as I stopped running it would come to an immediate stop and fall from the sky. But now that I live elsewhere, there is plenty of wind all the time. And today was my first successful kite flying experience. Wes and I were grocery shopping the other day and walked past a bunch of kites. He had previously promised me that he would show me how to actually fly a kite as soon as we had a relatively windy day and some free time. Well, in case that situation arose, I wanted to be prepared with a kite. Who knew you could have so much fun for $1?! And to top it off, it was a Disney princess kite...perfectly precious.

Today was that perfect day for kite flying and the beginning of spring break! Wes and I took Rudy (we're dog sitting for Wes' parents) to the park and made an afternoon of it. I had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment