Friday, October 14, 2011

sew.simple

Recently, I took my sister to one of my favorite thrift/secondhand stores. She's always jealous of the deals I come home with, so she wanted to try it for herself. We went on a sale day, which is even better, except for the crowds. There were racks upon racks of clothing 60% off. Thrift store shopping is not for the faint of heart, it takes time and effort to dig through to find the little treasures.

On this particular day, I decided to shop for Wes. I almost always shop for myself. Poor guy. But this time, it was all about him....well almost. I found him 2 really nice pairs of pants (black and khaki) and 3 really awesome fall shirts. Wes doesn't really have any orange and red in his shirt collection, so I was really excited! The pants were a little long, so I've been hemming them in my spare time. Almost done!



But that's not all. I did have to at least 'look' at what they had in my size. And you wouldn't believe what I found - a beautiful purple Ann Taylor cardigan for $4. It was missing all the buttons, but that was no problem. I just grabbed a mix match of buttons from a button box I recently found at a garage sale. And it turned out so cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment