Thursday, December 8, 2011

afghan.crochet.project

I've always loved to crochet. My mom taught me the basics when I was little, and I would crochet scarves, hats, and little clothes for my dolls and my pets. My favorite was the Christmas cape I made for Paxton, my precious little guinea pig. I wish I had a picture.

A few years ago, my mom gave me a crochet book and lots of yarn to make an afghan. It's called a sampler afghan and is comprised of 63 various stitch crocheted squares. When I first got it, I was very eager to begin, but quickly got frustrated with the more advanced stitches. Also, I had never read a pattern before, and the abbreviated crochet lingo was foreign to me. Now that I'm older and wiser (Ha!) I picked it up again and surprised myself. It's definitely not as hard now as I remember it being.

It's all starting to come together now, and I'm starting to feel accomplished. Pretty soon I'll have a brand new afghan to throw on the couch in our brand new house! 24 squares down and 39 to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment