Wednesday, January 5, 2011

new.year's.resolutions

New Year's resolutions are probably one of the most annoying things in the world. You begin all determined to be perfect then after a week or two, you're stressing out over all the things you've already done wrong. Ugh. When I was younger, each year, the new year was a new beginning. I would determine to read my Bible more, work harder in school, help Mom more with the housework, etc. And each year, it became a struggle to keep up with it all. So this year I didn't make any New Year's resolutions. Rather than stressing out over what I can't keep up with, I live day to day, doing the things that are most important and loving my life.

When a person is very in love with another person, they do anything and everything they can to make the the one they love happy. Being a good housewife, keeping the house clean, laundry done, and dinner on the table makes Wes happy. So really, many of the things that I might add to a New Year's resolution list I already try very hard to do without thinking, just because it makes Wes happy.

Wes made me a New Year's resolution, though, and I am determined to keep up with this one. He wants me to be as creative and artistic as I can and keep doing what I love: painting, drawing, photography, etc. I think that's possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment