Thursday, February 9, 2012

painting.our.house

This week our house has been a work in progress. I feel like we should have caution tape all around to designate the 'wet paint' areas. That's right, we finally started painting our house! Last week, for my birthday, Wes took me to Lowe's to pick out paint, stain, and other supplies for our big project. I was so overwhelmed and so excited all at the same time. We picked out paint for the kitchen, living room, and music room, and some more paint and stain for the furniture in the living room. Wes and I are both pretty new at all this, so we weren't sure exactly how everything was going to turn out. But thankfully, our friend Andi is a painting pro and he came over to help.

Project #1 - The Kitchen
The kitchen was the hardest room for me to pick a color. I didn't know if I wanted to go with a minty green or light aqua blue, a darker greenish color, or yellow. Too many decisions. I finally decided on yellow. I really wanted a butter yellow color, but it turned out more like a banana yellow. It's bright, but I like it. It's starting to grow on me for sure.

Before:

In Progress:
Still needs one more coat of paint.


Project #2 - The Living Room


I chose a very light lavender for this room. It's actually almost white, but I really wanted to brighten up the room and make it nice and cheery. Of course, the whole wall of windows helps, too.
Our ceilings are super high, and Wes and I really weren't sure how we were going to manage, even with a ladder. But it was no problem for Andi. He just set up his little rig and got to work. Thanks Andi! It looks awesome!

In Progress:

This is how it all looked the next morning: [sorry for the blurry picture]


Now it's time to make all those fun curtains and pillows! I'm so excited to decorate my house!


Project #3 - The Music Room
At the moment, the music room is going to stay a surprise. I'm not even going to tell you what color(s) we painted. I'll just say this: The theme is jazz, and I'm going big and bold. I have so many ideas and I can't wait to start decorating! It's going to look so good! But y'all have to wait for the grand reveal. Sorry, no sneak previews.

No comments:

Post a Comment