Thursday, January 26, 2012

new.journey.part.2

I feel like these fast few months have been the start of a transition period in my life. I talked about it recently in my new.journey post. It's time for me to move on and do what God is leading me to do. I'm still in the process of discovering what all that entails, but it's starting to become clearer to me. There are two areas where God is guiding me right now. The first is music. My little private lesson studio is growing; I now have 6 students! Wes and I made a deal, too. If I can get just 7 more students, we can start trying for a baby! BEST MOTIVATION EVER! I'm probably more excited about that than anything! I'm determined now. I even made myself a business card:


I had to make the back cute, too!
So if you know anyone in the Tulsa area who would like piano or violin lessons, give me a call!

The second area is with church. In the past few months, I have been greatly involved with Foundation Church. Wes is a Creative Arts Associate in the instrumental department and recently I have taken over the Visual Arts area of the Creative Arts department. I know God is calling me to this area in the church and I'm really enjoying it. Not only am I involved with the day to day graphic design, I am also building and working with the stage design team, construction crew, drama team, computer team, and video filming/editing team.

Recently, the church went through a name change. What used to be Ridgeway Baptist Church is now Foundation Church. And with that came many changes.. New logo, new color scheme, new stage design, new signs, new bulletins, new EVERYTHING! Visually, the biggest change was the stage. Together with Wes, Monte, Andi and a group of construction team helpers, we spent a solid weekend reconstructing the stage. This is what the stage looked like originally:


 Monte asked me what I thought we should do to change it up. This is what I came up with:

And this is the final result:

Definitely a huge change from what it was. We painted the walls, doors, and trim black. We constructed trusses from PVC pipe and spray painted them silver. We constructed back panels with chloroplast and screen door mesh, and hung spandex in the middle and on the sides. Then we rewired and reprogrammed the lighting system. Not too bad for a bunch of people who have NEVER done anything like this before! We really didn't know what we were getting ourselves into. But it was so much fun! I can't wait to do it again!

That was definitely the biggest change so far, but we've also been experimenting with video. We'd like to get back into doing video announcements, too. So far, we've completed a 2 minute video testimonial and are in the process of another one. I've never had the opportunity to be a part of anything like this and I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment