Monday, April 11, 2011

i.love.lucy

For graduation, Wes promised me a puppy. I think I've been more looking forward to my new dog than actually graduating! I have been looking diligently in newspaper classifieds, craigslist, and google. I found several super cute puppies, but most of them were just way too expensive with the added on pet deposit that our apartment complex requires.

But a few days ago, I found her! A lady on craigslist had a one year old apricot toy poodle for sale. She and her husband are moving and couldn't take Lucy with them. I know I haven't graduated yet, but I wasn't about to miss out on what could be the perfect dog for us.

So Wes and I went to see her and fell in love, but not because she's really cute or anything. Actually, right now she is most ugly! But she has the potential to be cute and she has the sweetest personality ever! The owners had just trimmed her and it is very obvious that they are not ever meant to be groomers. She was SO ugly! 

But what was special is that she came right up to me the second I saw her. She wasn't afraid and it was clear that she liked me. I just knew at the moment I had to have her. So we got her! Wes came up with the name Lucy and it fits so well. She's slightly red on her face and paws and her personality is very much a Lucy girl.

She's been such a good girl the past few days. She follows me everywhere and as soon as I sit down, she has to be on my lap. It's so precious! I think she's the perfect addition to our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment