Friday, April 22, 2011

the.end

Yesterday was officially the last day of classes in my college career. I can hardly believe it's been 4 years already. Time has flown by. And so much has happened over these past 4 years in my life.

First of all, I gained independence. The first week of my freshman year was so miserably depressing. I was lost. I had never really been on my own before or had to make any major decisions by myself. And suddenly I was stuck 1,000 miles from home in a tiny dorm room with my Russian roommate, Irina. She was super sweet and all, but I didn't feel any less lonely when she would call up her family and talk in that foreign Russian language for hours. Sometimes, I would even hear my name and wonder what in the world she was saying about me.

But soon, 4 of us girls on the floor became very close and the loneliness started to disappear. After a rough first semester, my second semester flew by and before I knew it I was a sophomore.

Fall of my sophomore year was when everything changed. I met Wes. I actually knew Wes my freshman year, but we never really talked, only once. He was in orchestra with me. Since he played bass and I played violin, we sat directly across from each other. My stand partner Maria knew Wes and throughout rehearsals they would quietly talk back and forth to each other, signing and making jokes. Wes just seemed like a really awesome guy and I definitely had a crush on him. Of course, he still really had no idea who I was. Thankfully, one day a mutual friend introduced us to each other. It wasn't long before we were talking and hanging out. And then....we fell in love.

After the end of my sophomore year, Wes graduated and became the band director at a few local Christian schools. I continued on with my junior year. Each day Wes and I fell more in love with each other, and on November 3, 2009, Wes proposed. Of course I said yes, and we began planning for our wedding.

July 31, 2010 was the day I married the man of my dreams. Once we were married, school became much easier for me. My senior year has flown by, and it is very hard to believe I am now done and will be graduating in just one week! It's a wonderful feeling and I'm so excited for when the future holds. Many of my girlfriends are starting to stress out and panic and have no idea what they are going to do, how they are going to get a job, and where they are going to live. I am so thankful to have Wes and I'm extremely excited for our future together.

Graduation is here and it marks the end of one chapter of my life and the beginning of an exciting future with God and with Wes.

No comments:

Post a Comment