Monday, May 13, 2013

special.sunday.events

Yesterday was a very special and beautiful day. It was my 1st Mother's Day and the Baby Dedications at our church. I loved sharing my special day with Ella.


God is so good. Just one year ago, Mother's Day was so hard for me. I had just gone through the miscarriage and wanted more than anything to be a mom. And look at our little family now! Our precious little Ella is the light of my life.

Wes made my first Mother's Day so special. He took me out for breakfast and Ella gave me a little present. It's a necklace with a letter 'E' and her birthdate engraved on the side. It's precious and I love it so much! I put it on the same chain with the diamond Wes gave me the day before our wedding. They complete each other and I love it!

Then we went to church for Ella's baby dedication. She looked so cute in a brand new dress and huge pink flower headband, of course. But it wasn't just a fashion show. It was the commitment Wes and I made as her parents to raise her in the Lord that really mattered. We wrote Ella a letter an read it aloud:

Dear Ella,

You are the most beautiful blessing that God has given us. We have been praying for you since the moment we found out you were coming and we will continue to pray for you throughout your life.

In front of our friends, our church, and God, we dedicate you to the Lord. We promise to raise you in a home full of love, respect, and integrity where you will learn to honor us, but more importantly, to honor God. We promise to be Godly examples through our actions, our words, our relationships with others, and our relationships with Christ. We promise to actively teach you to follow God's word and pursue Him above everything else.

We can't wait to see the person that you will become - your personality, your talents, and your interests. We will help you find God's will for life. We love you and promise to love you through everything - when it's difficult, when it's tiring, when it's awkward, and when it's embarrassing. We are honored to be your parents and with God's help we will raise you the best way we can.

We love you,
Mommy and Daddy


It was the most beautiful perfect Mother's Day! I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete