Wednesday, May 8, 2013

the.carseat.project

I promised awhile ago to share Ella's car seat project. It only took me just about all 9 months to complete. But I am so happy with how it turned out and she sure looks cute in it!

Before:



After:



For anyone who wants to ever take it upon themselves to recover a car seat let me just say - you're crazy! It took a lot longer than I ever dreamed to finish this project. But it was worth it in the end.

First I ripped up the old seams so I could use the pieces as a pattern. I made sure to take lots of pictures so I would know how to piece everything together again. That part was the most tedious and time consuming.

Then, I cut out the new fabric pieces and reassembled them. The sewing part went pretty fast overall and was a lot more fun. I guess I just don't have a whole lot of patience for huge projects.

But it turned out so well in the end. And Ella loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment