Friday, May 17, 2013

Ella's.nursery

I love to decorate. Everyone knows that. When I found out we were having a girl I was so excited! I couldn't wait to decorate the nursery for my little princess! I started out on Pinterest of course to get some ideas.


It was obvious I kept going back to that light blue/green aqua color so I knew I had to start there. I went to Babies R Us to register, and I searched the entire back wall for the right crib bedding...and I didn't like any of them! To me they were just too matchy-matchy and busy. I don't really like "cute" animals or things dancing around on everything. Butterflies, flowers, Winnie-the-Pooh, just not my style. I considered making my own everything but after the carseat, I really didn't need another huge project. I was very discouraged and a little upset until I walked down the last aisle...and there it was! The perfect bedding set! It was all different bright colors, and looked perfect with the wall color.

Once the walls and bedding were in place, furniture was pretty simple. I bought a white couch cover to go over the hideous couch. Now it looks great! My mom brought my old-fashioned white dresser with a big mirror when they came to visit from PA. We found the changing table at a garage sale for $25 - not bad and it's solid wood. Thanks to some awesome friends, we got the crib for free from a church that was upgrading theirs.

And for the final touches, Hobby Lobby came to the rescue. They had the cutest artwork! I bought tissue paper there, too for the masterpiece in the corner. I covered letters that spell 'Ella' with yarn and put those on a white shelf from Target. And ta-da! A perfect little nursery for my pretty little princess.






No comments:

Post a Comment