Monday, September 12, 2011

dress.up

I love special occasions and I love to dress up. When I was little, one of my favorite things about Grandma's house was her enormous wardrobe of dress-up clothes. She had everything from dresses with big puffy sleeves, ruffled skirts, and big bold hats, to wigs, jewelry, lipstick, high heels, and scarfs. It was a dream come true. I guess I've never grown out of my love for dress-up and I eagerly await every opportunity to wear a pretty dress.

Saturday night was the employee appreciation banquet for my work. Perfect for dress-up! And I already had the perfect outfit in mind. This summer, during one of our garage sale excursions, I found a lovely classy black dress for just $7. I hadn't had an opportunity to wear it, so I was really excited. Of course, then I had to think of accessories. No one goes to a banquet with a big old purse, and I've never owned a cute clutch. So it was time to go shopping. I was determined not to spend more than $10. My first stop was Accessory City. I guess I just chose the perfect day to shop there. I didn't realize they are in the process of relocating, so about half of their merchandise was in transit. BUT...the half that was still there was almost all 50% off! As I sorted through the clutches, I found a really cute one marked down to $1.50. Perfect! I decided to look for a bracelet and necklace for my new outfit as well, since the prices were unbelievable. My total outfit: $16.




After the dinner, Wes and I went over to his parent's house to take pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment