Thursday, September 15, 2011

love.to.read

I love to read. Books are just the best. While I still lived at home in Pennsylvania, my favorite summertime activity was sitting on a blanket under a tree at the top of our hill reading a book. I spent hours there each day. It was so peaceful and relaxing. I loved the Little House on the Prairie series, then Anne of Green Gables and her handsome Gilbert took my fancy. I enjoyed all kinds of classics. But I especially loved the illustrated edition of all the classics with their beautiful pictures. Maybe it's just the artistic in me that would appreciate the artwork just as much as the book itself. Either way, books just have that charm about them that captures your attention and draws you in to another world.

With my new job, I've had quite a bit of free time perfect for reading. Right now, I'm reading Charles Dickens' Great Expectations. It's about a boy who wanders into wealth and fortune, thanks to a generous benefactor. I'm nearing half-way, and really the story is just beginning. And it's starting to get really good now. I'm eager to find out if Pip fulfills his great expectations.

So far today, it's been a slow day at work, the weather is cool, dark, and dreary, I'm looking forward to a nice warm bowl of soup for lunch, and there's lots of soothing music coming from the classrooms nearby. Sounds like a perfectly perfect day to read my book. Happy reading to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment