Friday, September 9, 2011

just.being.me

Today I realized I like who I am. It's freeing to know you can be who you are without worrying about what other people are going to think of you. It definitely wasn't always that way for me, but recently I have learned to be content with who I am and making the most of it. Wes was the first to really see me for me by somehow discovering piece by piece the "me" hiding behind a false front. As he encouraged me to be myself, I have gradually come out of my shell and enjoy it very much. I don't need to have the same opinions as my friends, and I don't want to. I want to be me. I like the freedom of being confidant in the choices I make and the simplicity of living life for God's glory alone. It's like a physical weight being lifted off my shoulders. I feel so carefree and happy. If the way I feel could be represented by a picture, it would look like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment