Friday, September 2, 2011

graphic.design.maniac

After graduation, (thankfully after, and not before) my beautiful macbook pro died...completely. A storm went through and fried every part of my laptop leaving me with nothing, not even the contents of my hard drive. Needless to say, I have been very impatient to get a new computer. So last Saturday, Wes and I went to the Apple Store to get a mac mini. Now I have a brand new amazing computer to use for graphic design!
This past week, I have been working non-stop designing. I've really been enjoying it. First, I designed a logo for the band Wes is in, Sound Society:
I made two similar designs and asked for comments. After a few edits, the logo now looks like this:

After completing this one, Wes came up with a few other really cool ideas. We haven't worked through them enough yet, and it will take me quite some time to make once they're approved. But I'll be sure to post them once they're completed.
The second project I began is the logo for Wes and my little wedding music business. I've played violin duos with my sister for many weddings, but I've never played with string bass. I think it will be really fun to play with Wes for weddings (and good money, too)! Anyway, this is the logo that I designed for us so far:
And it's actually us on the logo! This is my second design idea for this logo, and there might be a few more changes before it's complete. But I think I like it so far.

This is all I've accomplished so far in the logo world, but I did experiment a little with Photoshop this week as well. During our visit to PA in July, we had a little photo shoot with all of us nine grand kids. The only problem was, Amanda and Emily couldn't be there. Since Wes was the photographer, he took group pictures with the seven of us that could be there, and left room in the photos for two more. The next day, we took pictures of Amanda and Emily by themselves. Then, I challenged myself to create a seamless group photo of all of us together. Can you tell who was added?

No comments:

Post a Comment